Are you looking for the BEST Elf on the self ideas? Well, you’ve come to the right place!
This blog post is filled with all sort of Elf on the shelf ideas you can re-create for you little one!
Our family has been doing Elf on the shelf for the last 2 years (with Eddie and Elfie) and I’ve combine all the pictures I could find, to give you the best ideas this Christmas season!
I hope you enjoy and I’ll even leave you a few tips to remember while creating your Elf on the shelf memories!
Don’t forget to follow us on Pinterest and pin us!
But before we go, let’s talk a little bit more about Elf on the shelf…
What is Elf on the Shelf?
Elf on the shelf are Santa’s scouts sent from the North Pole, to ensure good behavior before Christmas. Many families establish their own traditions as to when the elves arrives, but typically, they arrive approximately 25 days before Christmas to start the Christmas countdown.
- Incorporate your kids favorite characters (check out the playdate our elves had with Ryan and Pek)
- Keep it inexpensive (Dollar Tree is our friend)
- Incorporate learning to make it fun
- Use items around your house (Draw, use toys, mini objects, etc. BE CREATIVE! When our elves went zooming around the neighborhood for a “surprise I used seasoning tops. selfie frame is popsicle sticks, activity books are google screenshot prints, etc.)
- Get the older kids involved
- Build up the anticipation
- Leave notes/let your kids know what the elves are doing or what the elves want them to do
- Use as a positive reinforcement when possible
- If you forget to move, explain they were tired and move during nap
- Keep it SIMPLE!
- Save bigger ideas for weekend elf movement (ex: most of all our elf toddler activities are done on the weekend )
- Takes lots of picture/videos for memories
- Have fun, the elves sure do! They even have watch parties (see their football fan elf)!
Elf on the Shelf Ideas with Toddler Activities
Funny Elf on the Shelf Ideas